Friday, February 17, 2012

DIY Yarn Wreath

Okay, I really didn't think this would be as hard as it was...but boy, did it take some time!!! I spent the entire afternoon making this wreath (between diaper changes, feedings, and a nap time for the little guy of course). It actually is really EASY, but very time consuming. Don't expect this to be a fast craft...block out some time! The end result however, is well, awesome! 




I bought a styrofoam wreath from Hobby Lobby, a wooden letter 'F', 3 different colors of felt, green paint, and white yarn! I first covered the wreath with white yarn. This was the time consuming part. I went around it twice to cover up the green. The first layer was pretty perfect if I do say so myself, but by the second layer I was getting tired so I didn't try very hard to keep them all lined up. I think this looks a lot better then keeping each row lined up. 


To make the flowers I cut a circle of felt and made the edges in a wave. Then, you cut the circle in a spiral. Take the end of the spiral where you first cut to roll up. It starts to look like a flower! Then, I used a hot glue gun to glue all the flowers and my letter that I painted to the yarn covered wreath! It was actually very easy, but as I mentioned, time consuming! 


I got the idea and great tips from a wonderful blog Take Heart. Check it out!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment