8oz Thinkly Sliced Roast Beef
8 Slices Provolone Cheese
2 Large Green Bell Peppers
1 Medium Sweet Onion
6 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms
2 Tbs. of Butter
2 Tbs. of Olive Oil
1 Tbs. of Minced Garlic
1. Slice the peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
2. Slice onion and mushrooms. Saute them over medium heat with butter, olive oil, minced garlic, and a little salt and pepper. Saute until caramelized - about 25 minutes.
3. Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook for 5-10 minutes.
4. Line the inside of the peppers with a slice of provolone cheese.
5. Fill each pepper with meat mixture.
6. Top each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
I tore the cheese up before I put it on the bottom of the pepper. I couldn't find very large peppers. I think next time I'll put two slices of cheese on the bottom. I didn't bake my peppers for 15 minutes. I think I baked them for about 10. I like my peppers a little crunchy. I LOVED these!!!
I got these recipe from a GREAT blog called Peace, Love, and Low Carb!!! Check it out!