Thursday, September 6, 2012

45 years is a beautiful thing...

On August 12th my parents were married 45 years. Holy cow. As a newlywed who is close to being married 1, yes ONE year, 45 years is completely amazing. I look back over the past year that I have been married and realize how much my husband and I have been through and its mind blowing to think of everything my parents have been through in the 45 years they have been together. Laughter, tears, sadness, happiness, love, death, trials, joy, trust, rising above, failing...and they did it all together. That is what marriage is all about.

I planned a surprise party for their big day. Let's just say, I will probably never do this again! Trying to figure out who to invite was stressful to say the least! I didn't want to forget anyone! Luckily since I recently got married I had most of my parent's friend's addresses so it was easier than it would've been! Anyway, I think I'll let the pictures speak for themselves because there really are no words to describe the evening that we had. It was a beautiful, beautiful thing...I will remember the look on their faces for the rest of my life. Definitely a moment I will never forget.

How does this not make your heart melt??? Completely surprised. I think every child should experience this look from their parent's. 
Gosh, what a beautiful love they have. 
Me, my son, father, husband, brother, and mother. 
Everyone waiting for my parents arrival! 
Pictures of my parents together over the years. People even brought gifts! :) 

Looking at the pictures from this day brings tears to my eyes. Watching them walk into the room and see all their close friends and family sitting there waiting for THEM gave me butterflies! That was the most rewarding feeling I could have and made all the preparations completely worth it. I would probably do it all over again just to see the joy on their faces. AHHHH....LOVE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment