Monday, February 4, 2013

Baked Southwestern Chicken Mini Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce

I bought some frozen Southwestern Egg Rolls a few months ago and loved them. I thought to myself, "Hey, I could probably make these." Well, that thought ended there. Then, the other day my husband told me we would be going to a friend's house for a Super Bowl party and of course I knew I needed to bring something. These egg rolls popped back into my head and I searched for a recipe that I liked! I found this from This Mommy Cooks! Check out her blog! I love love love it!


Ingredients:
For the egg rolls
3 chicken breasts (I shredded these in my food processor!)
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 15oz can of black beans (rinse and drain)
1 9oz package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (I used Mexican)
1 7oz can of diced green chiles (drained)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 package of wonton wrappers

For avocado ranch
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons buttermilk
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 avocado, peeled and pitted

Directions
For egg rolls:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Mix together chicken, corn, beans, spinach, cheese, chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
3. Scoop a small amount of the filling onto a wrapper.
4. Start at the corner and roll up the wrapper.
5. Once it's almost rolled, fold in both sides and finish rolling.
6. Wet your finger and dab a bit on the corner to seal it shut.
7. Bake for 7 minutes. Turn egg rolls over and bake an additional 7 minutes.

For avocado ranch:
Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Eat immediately!




***I also added some olives to the mixture! Not sure how many. I just kind of added some until I thought it looked good! :)
***Also, I only used one package of wonton wrappers, but I had SOOOO much mixture leftover that I probably could have filled two more packages of wrappers. We are using the extra in tortillas though, and it's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment