Saturday, February 16, 2013

DIY Lost Socks Board

I did a ridiculous amount of laundry today. That's how I always do laundry. I end up doing so many loads that usually not all the pairs of socks get washed in the same load. I didn't notice how many socks I had that didn't have a mate until after I would do another load...SOOOO....I decided it was time for a Lost Socks board. I've seen these on Pinterest and figured I'd give it a try!

I had a lot of fun with this one. My one year old son had a great time helping me out too! He loved putting his feet in paint! After I made this and hung it up, I ended up matching 3 pairs of socks. All in all, I'd say that it is already coming in handy!


I bought the board at Hobby Lobby. I painted it white. I then put the footprints on. Next, I traced the letters and painted them with a paint marker. I put scrapbook paper on the paperclips with Mod Podge and glued those on. Then, I decided to put some ribbon on the back to hang it up. This was super easy and I did it in one evening. I didn't measure anything so not everything is even, but that isn't a big deal to me! I'm not too picky when it is only going to be in my laundry room. I think the cute little footprints catch most of the attention anyway! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment