Monday, January 30, 2012

Feel the Love

Ohhh...it's almost Valentine's Day. It's not of my favorite holidays but now that I'm married and have a little guy I think it's a little more fun than usual. Any holiday is better with a kid around! I try to come up with cute ideas/gifts that are unique. I think everyone needs to remember why we have Valentine's Day - to show our friends and family that we care, that we love them. Sure, it's easy to get caught up in all the big teddy bears and red and white hearts, but we need to remember that we love the people in ours lives!

Last Valentine's Day I wrote on a bunch of heart sticky notes a reason why I loved Ross. I put them on a wall and on Valentine's Day he read all of them. He loved it and thought it was the best present I could have given him because normally I don't tell him things like that.


I also made him chocolate covered strawberries. I love love love them so I'm not sure if I made them more for him or me, but regardless they were amazing and I think I was pretty creative when it came to the decorating!
Anyway, I just wanted to share that sometimes the simplest gifts are best. Go tell someone you love them, because that is the best gift of all.
This was the table at our last Valentine's Day last year. I bought him a Valentine's Day cookie, sparkling grape juice (I was pregnant!) and a couple little small gifts. It was perfect!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment