Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's all about convenience.

Oh the life of a busy mom. I guess I can't really call myself THAT busy. I work nights so I have the days free to spend time with my little guy. My house isn't spick and span like it probably should be since I have all day at home, but I always have laundry to do and dishes that need to be washed. Granted, this week I have been on top of the dishes. I'm pretty proud of myself on that note. I spend a lot of time with Hunter. We read, giggle, look at books, and be silly all the time. My husband would probably say that I need to do more things around the house, but the way I look it, the dust, the grime, and the dirty clothes will still be there tomorrow. My baby is only little today. Tomorrow he won't be the same. As long as my baby is clean, we have clothes to wear, and food to eat then I think I'm doing a pretty dang good job if I do say so myself. 


I love love love my crockpot. Gosh, if you don't have one, you need one. It is a great investment. I however didn't buy mine. It was my Grandma's and it is one heck of a powerful crockpot. Recipes that need to be on high for 8 hours are usually done in half that time. I hope it never breaks because it is awesome. I love slow cooker meals. They are simple and fast and boy, do they make your home smell delicious! I love walking in my house and smelling the glorious smell of the food that's just simmering away in the crockpot. One of the best slow cooker blogs that I have found is 365 Days of Slow Cooking. Recipes galore! So many yummy ones too. I do a lot of searching on recipe sites for slow-cooker recipes too. The best advice I have, is just search! You will find something that will make your tummy say, "Yum!" I love making slow cooker meals because they are so easy and 8 hours later you have meal ready to eat and all you did was throw some stuff in the pot! I LOVE things that make my life less complicated. My crockpot is definitely one of those things! 


Last night for dinner I made Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers. I changed up the recipe a little because I didn't have everything in my cabinets and they turned out great! Super easy and hardly any mess, which is always a plus! 

The original recipe can be found here: Slow Cooker Couscous-Stuffed Peppers



Here is my recipe! 

Pin It


3 large bell peppers 1/2 pound ground beef or venison (we're a big deer meat family! Sorry, Bambi!) 
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
2/3 cup of rice
1/2 cup water
First cut the top off of each bell pepper and remove the seeds and membranes. Then rinse peppers. 
In a skillet, cook beef (venison) and garlic powder until meat is brown. Drain. Add the tomato sauce, cumin, salt, and cinnamon, and chili powder. Add rice. Divide the mixture evenly into each pepper. 
Pour the water in the slow cooker and stand the peppers upright in the cooker and cook on high for 5-7 hours or until peppers are tender. 
NOTE: Next time I make this I probably won't cook these as long. My peppers were a little too tender for me. I think it would have been great if they would have still had a little crunch to them. I also added a little more water as the day went on. Overall, YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment