Sunday, January 15, 2012

Yummy Chicken Pasta

Since I've started cooking and baking more I've noticed that I really like to experiment with the recipes that I use. I have stopped measuring spices that are under a tablespoon. I just shake a little out, stir, smell, and shake some more. I really like flavorful food. If I'm using a nice spice I tend to measure it because I'm not sure how strong it is. When it comes to garlic and lemon pepper I go a little over bored. I am very picky when it comes to my food. I will make a meal and usually I'm not extremely pleased. Yeah, it tastes good, but I always feel like I could have added something or changed something to make it over the top. However, the other day I made this chicken pasta that is out of this world and it takes a lot for me to say that about a meal that I cook. Oh my gosh. It was unbelievable. You must make this as soon as you can. You won't regret it. 


The original recipe is Cajun Chicken Pasta. I couldn't find cajun seasoning and I was kind of in a hurry so I coated the chicken in some chili powder and paprika and it tasted great! I am a big fan of paprika. Gotta love improvising! 


Here is my recipe! 


Pin It

Ingredients:

  • Linguine Pasta (I never measure pasta. I just add about as much as I think we'll need!)
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 3 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 3 fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • Salt and Pepper (I never measure these. I just shake a couple times and boom!)



1. Cut up the peppers and mushrooms. (I like to do this first so I can throw everything together quickly!)


2. Boil the pasta. 
3. Place chicken, chili powder, and paprika in a plastic bag. Shake to coat. 
4. In large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter then add the chicken. Saute until tender. 
5. Add peppers and mushrooms. Saute and stir for 5 minutes.


6. Add cream and parmesan cheese. Stir. 
7. Add spices. Stir and heat through. 
8. Add the pasta and heat through. 
9. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and get ready for the best meal ever!! 




Pin It

I made some garlic bread and steamed some broccoli as sides and they topped the meal off great. This is definitely an easy and quick meal that is super filling and so delicious!! 
As I mentioned above, I don't typically measure every single spice. I just like to add as much as I think it needs. I didn't put a lot of basil in because I'm not a big fan of basil. Just play around and experiment and you'll be surprised at how your recipe turns out! ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment