The original recipe is Cajun Chicken Pasta. I couldn't find cajun seasoning and I was kind of in a hurry so I coated the chicken in some chili powder and paprika and it tasted great! I am a big fan of paprika. Gotta love improvising!
Here is my recipe!
- Linguine Pasta (I never measure pasta. I just add about as much as I think we'll need!)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper (I never measure these. I just shake a couple times and boom!)
1. Cut up the peppers and mushrooms. (I like to do this first so I can throw everything together quickly!)
2. Boil the pasta.
3. Place chicken, chili powder, and paprika in a plastic bag. Shake to coat.
4. In large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter then add the chicken. Saute until tender.
5. Add peppers and mushrooms. Saute and stir for 5 minutes.
6. Add cream and parmesan cheese. Stir.
7. Add spices. Stir and heat through.
8. Add the pasta and heat through.
9. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and get ready for the best meal ever!!
I made some garlic bread and steamed some broccoli as sides and they topped the meal off great. This is definitely an easy and quick meal that is super filling and so delicious!!
As I mentioned above, I don't typically measure every single spice. I just like to add as much as I think it needs. I didn't put a lot of basil in because I'm not a big fan of basil. Just play around and experiment and you'll be surprised at how your recipe turns out! ENJOY!!!