The orginial recipe is here: Angel Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 1 8oz package of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 0.7oz package of dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 10 3/4oz can condensed mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/2 of an 8oz tub of chives and onion cream cheese spread
- Rice or angel hair pasta
1. Melt butter in saucepan
2. Add in Italian dressing packet
3. Stir in soup, wine, and cream cheese until melted
4. Slice mushrooms
5. Place mushrooms in the bottom of the slow cooker.
6. Put chicken on top of the mushrooms.
7. Pour the sauce mixture on top.
8. Cook on low for 5 hours.
There is rice under that chicken and sauce! I added some garlic bread and green beans (both from the freezer). Note to self: learn how to make homemade garlic bread in the near future. I love love love this meal and so did the hubby. They always say that the way to a man's heart is his stomach. If that's the case, my man is hooked!