- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. whole wheat penne pasta
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Place garlic and pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. Add Parmesan, red pepper, basil leaves, salt and pepper. Pulse until combined.
3. With the motor still running, add olive oil through the feed tube and process until all combined.
4. Cook pasta. Drain and return to pot.
5. Cook chicken.
6. Add the pesto and chicken to the pasta and stir to combine.
7. Stir in heavy cream for a creamier sauce.
8. Heat until warm.
I added more cream because I wanted a creamier sauce. I love this! So quick, easy, and yummy! Add a veggie and some garlic bread and you're set!
I adapted my recipe from a great blog! Check it out here!