Thursday, January 5, 2012

Why are we so busy?

We rush, rush, rush every single day. Why? What's the point? We are so wrapped up in the fast paced lifestyle we are all living. I get so worried about getting things done; the laundry, dishes, paying the bills, cleaning, etc...It will all get done eventually right? Yes, of course. I can't put all these duties off forever! Since I've basically been a stay at home mom for 6 months (I work at night), I have realized I don't know how working moms do it! How do they work all day long and then still find time to snuggle their children and get all these things done that I do during the day!? It amazes me! I know I probably can't be a stay at home mom forever. Unfortunately, I'll probably get a day job sometime, but I am so blessed to have stayed at home for as long as I have. I treasure this time with my baby boy. I am home all day and I still don't get all the dishes and laundry done. Working moms would probably laugh at me and think, "Girl, you don't know how good you have it! I could get so much done if I stayed home all day!" Haha! Okay, maybe not, but still. Everyone gets into a routine which makes life easier. I am in this routine now, but if I had to get a job, I could make it work and it wouldn't be a problem! A few jobs opened up that I would love to have. Don't get me wrong, I love being home with my little guy and I would rather stay home with him then work, but I would like to get some experience in a field that is of interest to me. Everything can change so fast. I wish there were more hours in the day to spend with my family. When Ross gets home from work I have 3 hours to spend with him and Hunter. We have 3 hours to be a family together. That stinks! But that's life. I would rather have 3 hours, then zero. We make it work. That's what has to be done and that's what will be done!

This week I made broccoli and cheese soup, roasted-red pepper, sun-dried tomato chicken pitas, and pulled pork. Tonight we are having leftovers and tomorrow night if we stay home, I will probably make baked potato soup. I never know what our plans will be on Friday nights so I just try to keep an open mind.

For the broccoli and cheese soup, I took a recipe and modified it a little. I've noticed that ever since I started cooking more and trying out new recipes, I have learned how to add to them or change something.

Here is the recipe I used for the broccoli and cheese soup.
I didn't add the small onion because the hubby doesn't really like onion and I didn't add swiss cheese because I forgot! I added 4oz of cream cheese though and a can of cream of mushroom soup! My husband loved it and we are having leftovers tonight!

Here is the recipe I used for the chicken pitas.
I didn't shred the chicken, I just cut it up in cubes. I couldn't find sun-dried tomato oil so I used some roasted-red pepper dressing that I found in the salad dressing aisle! I also couldn't find sun-dried tomatoes so I just used a sun-dried tomato spread that I can't wait to try on a sandwich soon! I used a little more of the balsamic and roasted-red pepper dressing because I used more chicken. This is a great recipe and so easy to make!

Here is the recipe I used for the pulled pork. AMAZING! So easy! I love the fizzy taste of the diet pepsi that is added!

I just love trying new recipes. I love trying them and having them taste great! Haha! It is such a satisfaction; cooking. So rewarding.

Oh gosh, I did this ab workout two days ago and I am still SO sore today! It's such a great feeling though. I am addicted to that pain. I better get another workout in today! You should too!

Well, I should probably put away all the laundry I did yesterday...or maybe I'll just stare at Hunter while he's sleeping. Besides, what's the point rushing around? I can always rush, but tomorrow Hunter won't look like he is today.



Between diapers and miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment