- 8oz fettuccine
- 10tbsp of butter
- 8oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4oz cream cheese, cubed
- 2tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1tbsp fresh basil, chopped (you can use dried herbs if that's all you have, which is what I did!)
- 2/3 cup boiling water (from your noodle pot)
- 1lb cooked shrimp
- Salt and Pepper
1. Cook pasta.
2. Thaw shrimp if using frozen. Cook if needed.
3. In a large skillet melt 2tbsp of butter and saute mushrooms until soft and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Put mushrooms in a bowl for later.
5. Melt remaining butter in the skillet.
6. Add garlic, cream cheese, and herbs. The cream cheese won't be really smooth until you add the water later.
7. Simmer the cream cheese mixture until well blended.
8. Get a scoop of boiling pasta water from your noodles and add to the cream cheese mixture and stir it in quickly to smooth out the sauce.
9. Keep sauce hot and add shrimp and mushrooms. Mix well.
10. Simmer about 10 minutes.
11. Add noodles or pour sauce on top of noodles.Pin It
I found this recipe at Chaos in the Kitchen.