Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken

So, I am definitely into easy and yummy crock pot meals and this one meets those qualifications! I like this meal because there are a lot of sides that go along with this. 


Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken Pin It



Ingredients: 

  • 1 1/2 lbs of chicken breast
  • 14.4 oz can of Rotel
  • 15 oz can black beans
  • 8 oz frozen corn
  • 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth (next time I make this I don't think I am going to add as much broth)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
    • I added a little more the 1 tsp of all the spices. There really wasn't much flavor as I thought there would be. 
  • Shredded cheese
1. Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper in the crock pot. 

2. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top. 
3. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. 
4. Before serving, shred the chicken, and let cook on high for half an hour before serving. 




I served this over rice and put some shredded cheese on top. My husband also added some salsa. I think next time I will add two cans of Rotel instead of just one. It needed a little more spice and tomatoes for me! 
I got this recipe here!



For dessert my little Hunter and I made peanut butter cookies and put peanut butter m&m's on top. YUM! :) 


I got my new cooling racks for Christmas and I am ridiculously excited about them! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment